Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 11 is receiving an October update, EMUI 12 opens up
last week, Huawei began to install the October 2021 software update on the global model of Mate 40 Pro. On the other hand, the Mate 40 Pro is also eligible to participate in the EMUI 12 beta testing in different markets.
Our colleges over Huaweiblog reports that the October 2021 Huawei Mate 40 Pro in the global model comes with a build version of 184.108.40.206 and you’ll have to download a package size of 1.19 gigabytes.
That’s not it, the update brings a large number of changes in the software package including the new MeeTime calling, October 2021 security patch, and adds quick download shortcuts for apps including Celia Keyboard.
If you have a global Huawei Mate 40 Pro model and want to participate in the EMUI 12 beta activity, then follow our EMUI 12 beta guide here.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro October 2021 security update changelog:
- meantime: Adds the MeeTime feature that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, which allows you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- Security: Integrates security patches released in October 2021 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates.
- Apps: Adds a quick download shortcut for Celia Keyboard. The app can be downloaded by tapping the shortcut. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
Read More: How to Link Android to Windows 11
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
How to update your smartphone:
There are two ways that you can download this latest software update, both of these areas the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
Source by Huawei Central